What is Docusign?
"DocuSign is Rutgers’ electronic signature platform provided by the Office of Information Technology and locally administered by department staff who complete DocuSign training."
The University has moved to replace paper-intensive processes with an online tool accessible from phones, tablets, and computers. Rutgers departments and units now have access to a secure e-signature tool to verify, route, track, and store documents requiring signatures.
- Anything needing a 'signature', e.g. an offer letter.
- NTT, PTL forms.
How can I get started using Docusign?
- All docusign building should be done in the the SAS DocuSign demo environment.
- Document signers do not require a Docusign account and do not need to be affiliated with Rutgers.
- Creating forms requires an account. SAS faculty and staff may request an account by creating a work order requesting for a docusign account.
- Other faculty and staff may request an account at the RU IT Docusign page.
- All docusign building should be done in the DEMO environment.
- Once you are ready to move your templates to production, please notify Matt Wosniak.
Demo vs. Production Environment
DEMO Example... see top right corner it states DEMO, banner color is BLUE
Production Environment - Banner color is red
Docusign Training / Documentation
Docusign Live Workshops (for SAS Employees only)
Docusign Training Videos
We will show you how to sign a document, personalize your signature, and edit a signature file (if you sign a white piece of paper, how do you make it look like a 'signature'?
This is an overview class how to work with docusign. We will walk you through each step of the process from an Envelope, Template and a Powerform
Using sample forms from different departments we will learn how to make complex forms using techniques such as: field format field validation conditional fields formula fields hiding fields with * collaborative fields drop down fields note fields