Websites maintained by the School of Arts and Sciences Information Technology Web team (our Joomla! websites) are designed to provide information to the public. Information intended for an internal audience should be shared using other technologies.
- To determine what data should not be made public, refer to the links below related to the University's data policies.
- For assistance determining how best to share data internally, submit an SAS IT workorder.
University Data Policy Information
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
FERPA is the federal law that governs the rights of students and institutional responsibilities with respect to student records.
Rutgers IT: Information Technology Policies
Rutgers University Policy Library
- Read policies related to Information Technology in Section 70 of the Rutgers University Policy Library.
- Information Technology Policies, Section: 70.1.2: Information Classification: Read the Information Classification policy (PDF).
Rutgers Information Protection and Security Office
- Data Classifications: Introduction and descriptions.
- Data Classification Assessment: Questionnaire to help schools and departments determine the classification of data.