- Visit https://netid.rutgers.edu/ and choose the link for Service Activation in the left-hand navigation.
- Choose Remote Access VPN, Cisco AnyConnect Access for Rutgers. If you are not already signed up for two-step login with Duo, instructions will be provided to sign up as part of this process.
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect software at https://vpn.rutgers.edu.
Enabling remote desktop on your office linux computer
- Establish a connection using Cisco AnyConnect
Starting the vnc server
- Open a terminal
- ssh to your office linux machine
- start up the vncserver
Creating the ssh tunnel for VNC
- Open a new terminal
- ssh to your office machine using the tunneling options.
Viewing your office linux desktop
- start your vnc client
- use 127.0.0.1:5901 as the hostname:port
- enter your vnc password if prompted.