- Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint.
- Go to File, Open, then locate the copy of the photo you want to resize. Double-click on it.
To crop your image:
- Click on the Select button in the Home tab of the ribbon near the top of the window.
- Click and drag to select a rectangular area of the picture.
- Click Crop to remove everything outside of the selection.
To resize your image:
- Make sure that the Select button is not selected by clicking Brushes.
- Next, click the Resize button to open the Resize and Skew window.
- Choose Percentage to scale your image to a certain percent of its current dimensions, or Pixels to set it to a particular width or height.
- Make sure that Maintain Aspect Ratio is checked, then enter a new Height or Width and click OK.
- Choose File, Save As, and rename the photo if needed.