This page shows how to create a popup link from an image to a file with JCE Editor Pro's Image Button. Note: This can also be done in the standard JCE Editor.
Step 1: Click Insert/Edit Image button (the one with a star)
- Log into the Administrator interface using your NetID credentials.
- Find the article you want to edit and click on its title.
- In the text area, position the cursor where you would like your image to appear
- Click on the second "Insert/Edit Image" button; you can identify it by the star in the button (see below)
- If you do not have this featured installed, submit a workorder and we can install it for you
Step 2: Select the image to be linked to the popup
- Navigate to the folder where the image is located (or, for a new image, where it should be saved) using the "Folders" pane (see #1 below). If you are adding a new image, click the Upload button (see #2 below):
If you clicked Upload, choose the Browse button at the bottom of the "Upload" window and navigate to the location of the image on your computer (see #1 below). Alternately, you can drag and drop images to the 'Drop files here' area (see #2 below):
- Once you have located or uploaded your image, select its filename from the "Name" pane:
Step 3: Create the popup link
- Select the "Popups" tab in "Image Manager Extended" (see #1 below)
- For "Popup Type," select "JCE Mediabox" (see #2 below)
- Browse to the folder containing the file that should appear in the popup window (see #3 below)
- Note that you can upload a new file using the Upload button.
- Enter a title for the file in the "Title" field (see #4 below)
- Enter a caption for the file in the "Caption" field (see #5 below)
- Click Insert once complete (see #6 below)
- Save & Close your article. The image you selected in Step 2, when clicked, will link to a popup window displaying the file you selected in Step 3.