This page describes how to link to a PDF file using the link tool.
1) Find the Link tool.
- Select an article to edit following steps 1-3 of Editing Articles (Joomla! 3.x, front-end) - Basic Editing.
- Highlight the text in your article that will be linked to the file (see #1 below).
- Click the Insert/Edit link button on the editing toolbar (see #2 below).
2) Find the Browse button in the Link window.
- A Link popup window will appear.
- To the right of the URL field, click the Browse icon. It looks like a sheet of paper.
3) Navigate the File Browser.
- In the File Browser window, browse to the folder where the new file should be stored (see #1 below).
- Click Upload to the upper right (see #2 below).
4) Upload the file.
- Click Browse and navigate to the file to be uploaded (see #1 and #2 below).
- Click Upload (see #3 below).
5) Select the uploaded file.
- Make sure the newly uploaded file is highlighted in the File Browser window and the box to the left of it is checked (see #1 below).
- Click Insert to the lower right (see #2 below).
- Click Insert again at the Link popup window.
6) Save the changes.
Click Save (or Save & Close in the Joomla! back-end) to save the article.