Create the Menu Item:
- Log on to your site using the Administrator Login.
- Go to Menus > Main Menu (or whichever menu you'd like to create the menu item in) and click Add New Menu Item:
- Enter the name for the menu item (as it should appear in the Menu) in the Menu Title field (see #1 below). You may leave the box for Alias blank; one will automatically be generated.
- Next to the box for Menu Item Type, click the Select button (see #3 below).
- A "Menu Item Type" pop-up window will open. Click Articles, then click Category List (see #2 below):
- Once this option is chosen, there will be a field titled "Choose a category". Select the appropriate category from the drop down list:
- If your new menu item should appear as a drop-down selection, go to the Parent Item drop-down menu and select the existing menu item that the new menu item should appear under (see #2 below). If you leave "Menu Item Root" selected for Parent Item, your new menu item will appear as a top-level item:
- Click Save to the upper left:
Changing the Parameters of the Menu Item:
- While still in the "Menus: New Item" window, click "List Layouts" - see number 1 below
- Change "Display Select" to "Hide" - see number 2 below
- Change "Show Hits in List" to "Hide" - see number 3 below
- Change "Author in List" to "Hide" - see number 4 below
- Change "# Articles to List" to "All"
- Click Save & Close - see number 5 below
A "Category List" Layout is appropriate for larger categories, or categories with long articles (such as faculty pages or course descriptions). For displaying a smaller category, or a category with shorter articles (such as "News" or "Announcements"), a "Category Blog" may work better.