There is an optional feature to add a small image to your menu items. You can first create menu items following these instructions:
- Creating a Menu Item that links to a Single Article
- Creating a Menu Item that links to a Category Blog
- Creating a Menu Item that links to a Category List
NOTE: Only part of the image may be displayed, corresponding to a size slightly larger than the dimensions of the menu item itself. Keep this in mind when selecting or adding an image to be displayed along with the menu item.
- Log on to your site using the Administrator Login.
- At the Joomla! Control Panel, click "Menu(s)" (found under "Structure" to the left):
- Click the name of the menu (found in the Title column) containing the menu item where the image will be added.
- Click the title of the menu item where the image will be added.
- Click the Link Type tab (see #1 below), then click Select to the right of Link Image (see #2 below):
- A popup window will appear, displaying folders and images that have been uploaded to Media. Browse to the image you want to add, then click the Insert button to the lower right of the popup window (see #1 below).
- If the image has not yet been uploaded to Media from your computer, click the Upload icon (see #2 above), then follow these steps to upload it:
- Click the "Browse" button at the bottom of the Upload popup window (see #1 below), then browse to the image on your computer or network drive.
- Click the Upload button at the bottom of the popup window to add it to Media (see #2 below).
- Click Save & Close to the upper left, and your image will appear when the menu item is accessed:
- Note: the image will not appear in the Main Menu if the SAS-RED website template is used for your website.