This procedure describes how to add images to Media on Joomla! 3.x web sites.
- Login to your web site using the Administrator Interface.
- In the Joomla! Administrator Control Panel, click on Media to the left (found under CONTENT; see #1 below). If you are not at the Control Panel, you can select Media from the Content menu (see #2 below):
- Click on the folder where you want to add the image. You can either select from the small folder icons on the left (see #1 below), or the larger folder icons to the right (see #2 below):
- Once you have selected the folder where you want to upload the image, click the Upload button to the upper left:
- Click the Choose Files button below the Thumbnail View and Detail View buttons:
- Use the File Upload window to browse to your image file. When you find the image, click once on the image, then click Open:
- Click the Start Upload button to the right of the Browse button to upload your image:
- If the upload was successful, you will see the message Upload Complete above the gallery of images, and your image should now appear in the gallery:
- You can now insert your image into an article.