This procedure explains how to create DOCman categories and move documents into them, using the SAS Content Management System (CMS; Joomla! 3.x) with the DOCman document manager component for Joomla! installed.
1. Creating a Document Category
- Log on to your site's Administrator URL.
- Select "Components > DocMan > Categories":
- Click the New icon to the upper left of the page:
- Type a name for your new category in the title field (see #1 below).
- (Optional) Select a Parent Category if you want the category to be located within an existing category (see #2 below).
- (Optional) Enter a description for your category in the description text box (see #3 below).
- Save the new category by clicking the Save & Close icon to the upper left (see #4 below).
2. Moving a Document to Your New Category
- Select "Components > DocMan > Documents":
- Click on the title of a document that you want to move.
- Click the Category dropdown menu and select your new category (see #1 below).
- Click the Save & Close icon to the upper left (see #2 below).
Your document can now be found in the new category you created.