The article is the basic building block of your Joomla! Web site. It can be thought of as an individual web page. An article can contain formatted text, images, embedded video, and links to other articles or external web sites. Articles are organized by being saved into the appropriate categories.
- Note, just because an article is created, it will NOT automatically be displayed on the website.
1. From the Joomla! Control Panel, click on New Article under "Content" to the left
2. Hover over the Articles item under the "Content" tab and click on the "Add New Article" item that will appear next to Articles
New Article Details
- Enter a title for your article in the "Title" field
- Select a Category for the article from the Category dropdown menu to the right
- Add the text for your article to the text area under the editing toolbar on the Content tab
- You can format the content of your article using the buttons on the editing toolbars (see #3 below). The functionality of each button is displayed as you hover the mouse cursor over it. Also, a guide to all the buttons and their functions can be found at:
- When you have completed creating the article, click Save & Close
Find Article in Article Listing
Find your article in the article listing screen (Content > Articles). If you know a part of the article title, type it into the search area and click the Search icon:
Find Article within a Category
If you know of the category that the article is in, it helps to search by the category. Click Search Tools, then select the category from the " - Select Category - " dropdown menu. Only articles in that category will appear.