This document explains how to unlock a Joomla! article that is under editing.
An item can become 'locked', because someone is in the process of editing it, or they were editing it, and never hit 'cancel' or 'save', which means Joomla keeps the article locked. The purpose of this is to prevent a Joomla article from being edited by multiple users at the same time. It's a good idea to always check if someone is working on a specific article. If you 'kick someone out' of editing, their changes may not be saved in the system. We also recommend to frequently SAVE your work as you are working. The last save will always be kept.
- Get the name of the article (welcome for example).
- Select Articles from the Content menu:
- Type WELCOME in the search bar to see all of the welcome articles.
- If any articles have a lock on it:
- Hover your mouse of the lock, this way you can see who started editing the article and when.
- Click on the lock, and you will 'kick them out', and unlock the article that is being worked on.