PubMed Parser is a multi-departmental publication, author, and user, management system designed to accomplish the following:
- Manage, retrieve, and display publications from PubMed given details for multiple authors across multiple departments
- Allow for the customization and modification of publications retrieved by PubMed on a per-author basis.
- Separation of users into groups that allow overlapping levels of oversight and redundancy when managing publications in the system.
- Provide links to publication indexing services such as PubMed and the Rutgers Library to easily grant the maximum access permitted by law to publications for both university and non-university users.
- Simple integration with new and existing departmental websites via an iframe and JSON interface
- Maintain separate scopes for each author and department administrator – allowing users to modify and access their own information independently of one another and affecting records only related to their own department.