Please follow the instructions on this page to install a SAS network printer. If you need assistance with installing a printer please submit a workorder.
To install printers on a computer running Windows 7 or later:
- On your keyboard press the windows key ⊞ and the R key on the at the same time to bring up the Run command box
- Type in \\pcutsasprint.rad.rutgers.edu, then click OK
- You will be prompted for a username and password, enter in your username as rad\<your NetID> and your password, check the box for "Remember my credentials" then click OK; for example if your NetID is lebowski123 you would type in rad\lebowski123 for the username
- A new window will open showing all of the available printers. Double click on the printer you want to install it. Printers are named building-room-printer, so for example the printer on the 5th floor of the Rutgers Academic Building would be sem15-5131-printer-01; some rooms have multiple printers so in those cases you may see a printer ending in -02. If you do not know which printer to install please submit a workorder.
- Print a test page to the printer you just installed and check if it printed; if you need further assistance please submit a workorder
To install a printer on a Mac:
- Download the correct drivers for the printer:
- Go to the Apple Menu and select System Preferences
- In the System Preferences window select Printers & Scanners
- Click the + button in the Printers and Scanners window and select "Add Printer or Scanner"
- In the Add window right-click (or control + click) in the empty space between "Windows" and the search field, then select "Customize Toolbar"
- Drag and drop the "Advanced" button to the top of the toolbar in the "Add" window, then click Done
- Click on the Advanced button in the toolbar, then change the Type to "Windows printer via spoolss" and enter in the URL smb://pcutsasprint.rad.rutgers.edu/<printer share name>
<printer share name> is the name of the printer you want to install, so for example the URL for the Rutgers Academic Building 5th floor printer would be smb://pcutsasprint.rad.rutgers.edu/sem15-5131-printer-01
The list of printer names can be found here: List of PaperCut printers and drivers
Once you have entered in the printer share name change the "Name" field to an easily recognizable name such as SEM15-5131-PRINTER
- Click on "Choose a Driver" next to "Use" and then click on "Select Software"
- Look up which printer software you need for the printer you are trying to install here: List of PaperCut printers and drivers
Once you have found which printer software the printer uses type in the printer model number in the search field and then select the printer and click OK
- Confirm that the URL is correct, the printer has an easily identifiable name and that the correct printer software is selected, then click Add
- The printer has now been added, try and print a test page to the printer
- The first time you print you will be asked for your username and password, enter your username as RAD\ and your password and check the box for "Remember this password in my keychain"
- Check to see if your test page printed, if you need further assisance please submit a workorder