Software used by report developers to create reports, called visualizations.
- Data can be pulled in from multiple sources
- Local (csv, xls, etc, local database)
- Remote (server, databases)
- Data Cleansing can be performed in the Data Source tab of the workbook
- Allows for joining and blending disparate data sources
- Creation of various interactive workbooks, dashboards, stories for data
- Data Extracts
- Data created can be pushed out and saved as an extract
- These extracts can also be data sources to be used by others when stored on Tableau Server
- License Required
- Software can be requested by putting in a work order
- Costs for the software will be incurred. As of September, 2019, the cost per license is $630 per year. License costs may vary.
The software used by report consumers to view and interact with visualizations.
- No license required
- No cost incurred and can be downloaded for free.
- May require a work order to be installed, but only if you cannot install your own software
- Tableau Reader information and download page
Hosting service for housing and sharing reports and data
- A form must be filled out, signed, and submitted to gain access to the server
- No software installation is required
- At this time, there is no cost to access the server
- Visualizations can be housed on the server.
- Only people with access to the server can directly access those visualizations
- Visualizations can be scheduled to be updated or use a live connection for data updates
- Data sources that have been cleaned or modified can be stored for other users to create their own reporting