Before using Box you will need to activate the service on your NetID.
- Go to https://netid.rutgers.edu and select Service Activation on the left of the site.
- Log in with NetID and password.
- You will see the following screen:
- Select the Box Cloud Storage Option
- NOTE: You don’t have to activate the service again if you have [You already have this account.] listed next to the Box option.
- Click the “Activate Services” button
macOS 10.12 or higher
- Go to https://box.rutgers.edu/downloads/
- Click on the operating system type (in your case Mac) and save the file and install the software.
- Download the Box Drive installer here
- Navigate to where you saved the file. Double-click it to run the Installer
- When prompted, select Install for all users of this computer and click Continue
- DO NOT change the location. Click Install.
- An installation completed successfully window will open once completed.
- Click Close to close the installer.
- After the installation completes Box Drive will launch.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Next
- Enter your NetID and password
- Click Login
A Box folder will be created in Finder Window
Saving or Moving data to Box
- You can create folders just like you do on your own computer and copy\move documents into those folders.
- If you are running low on hard drive space this is a good place to move your data to free up hard drive space on your local computer
- The box folder works the same as any other folder on your computer. You can save a document directly to the box folder, drag and drop or cut and paste.
- The cloud on the folder indicates it’s in the cloud
If you Control + click on a box folder and click on Make Available Offline, this will download the data onto your computer
Logging into Box from any location:
- Go to https://box.rutgers.edu/.
- Click on login
- Log in with your net id and net id password