If you have a personalized Rutgers email address, you may want to use it instead of netid@[yourdomain].rutgers.edu as your outgoing email address.
- Go to http://netid.rutgers.edu
- Click on Manage Email Addresses on the left
- Log in with your NetID and Rutgers Password
- Verify that the email address you want to send from is listed in the Personalized Email Address Section (see #1 below)
- You can have up to three Personalized Email Addresses; if the address you want to use is not listed, delete one of the three (if necessary), enter a new alias in one of the available fields before @rutgers.edu, and click Add Personalized Address (see #2 below)
- Scroll down to the Rutgers Connect Account Information section and choose your preferred email address from the drop down box to the right of "Emails sent from Rutgers Connect will come from" (see #1 below).
- Click the Set Primary Address button (see #2 below).
- Changes may take up to 2 hours to take effect.
Once the change has taken effect, the address you selected will be your default "Send As" address. You can also click the "From" dropdown menu when composing a message, and change the From address to your actual email address (see below):