Rutgers has entered into a contract with Cisco that allows us to use their WebEx product. Those wishing to use WebEx should fill out the application form to request an account. Navigate to the Rutgers WebEx Page then click on Log In in the upper right of the page and then click the Sign Up button.
Completing the Form for Personal Accounts
Completing the Form for Shared Accounts
- Visit https://rurooms.webex.com
- Click "Log In" on the top right.
- Click the "Sign Up" button.
- Fill out and submit the form for each departmental account or room.
- The First and Last name field are limited to 32 characters for each field. They can be used for a department name or building/room number. For example,
First name: Enterprise Infrastructure (25) and
Last name: Telepresence and Collaboration (30) fits well.
- Each account needs a unique email address.
- The username must also be unique.
For WebEx services, you can check all four of the boxes but keep in mind that you can only use one of the services at a time. Multiple people cannot login simultaneously and use different services.
After Completing the Form
Once you have completed the form your account should be provisioned in 1-2 business days.
Please keep in mind that we do not have an unlimited license for WebEx. We should have enough for those that actually want to use it but we do not want accounts to be created unless they will be actively used. Account activity will be checked periodically and accounts that are not being used will be removed.
If you have any questions about or problems with WebEx please submit a workorder and someone will be able to help you.