DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS ON YOUR OFFICE MAC:
- Download the SAS Apple Remote Desktop package from- http://sasdeploy.rutgers.edu/mac/rutgers-apple_remote_manage.pkg.zip.
- Go to your Downloads folder in your home directory.
- Right click or control click on rutgers- app_remote_manage.pkg and choose open NOTE: You can’t double click, it’s not a signed package registered with apple.
- The installer will launch, click continue.
- Click Install.
- Enter an Admin username if prompted.
- After the package successfully installs, a dialog box will appear.
- NOTE: Write or Take a Picture with your phone of the IP ADDRESS once the window below appears, YOUR OFFICE MACHINE WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS THAN THE ONE SHOWN BELOW:
NOTE: If your office machine is running OS 10.14. or 10.15 please refer to the section “OS 10.14 – 10.15 Users” at the bottom of the page, before trying to connect from home.
CONNECTING FROM HOME (DO THE FOLLOW STEPS ON YOUR HOME MAC):
- From your home, connect to the Rutgers University VPN.
- Launch Safari and go to vnc://.
- This will launch the built in VNC client.
- Enter the username and password that you use to login to your Office Mac.
- Click Sign In.
OS 10.14 – 10.15 Users
If you have Mac OS 10.14-10.15 installed on your Mac, there is a bug in activating Apple Remote Desktop, user intervention is required. To determine if you have Mac OS 10.14 or 10.15 installed on your Mac, click on the Apple in the upper left corner and choose About This Mac.
If the dialog box that appears has OS 10.14 or OS 10.15 as the version, follow these instructions:
- After running the Rutgers-apple_remote_manage.pkg installer.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Sharing.
- Uncheck and then re-check the Remote Management box.