This procedure describes how to save data from a form using Visforms. More detailed documentation on using Visforms can be found here.
Configure a form to save data
- Log into the Joomla! administrator page for your web site
- Click on Components > Visforms (see #1 below):
- In Forms Manager, select the form that you would like to configure to save data.
- Click the Result tab underneath the form title (see #1 below).
- Make sure Yes is selected next to Save Result (see #2 above).
- Click the Advanced tab
- Change Separator to "Comma"
- Click Save & Close to the upper left:
Review your form data
- In the Form Manager, underneath the column for Data, your form should now have a link that says Display Data:
- Click the Display Data link.
- Now you should see all the data for your form presented with the form field titles above the form submitter's information:
Export your data to an Excel spreadsheet
- In the Form Manager select Display Data for the correct form:
- Select the Publish button for your form. The data must be published for you to export it. (see #1 below).
- Now select Check All to select all of the form's data (see #1 below).
- Click the Export button (see #2 above). A window will pop up asking you if you want to open the form:
- Select the OK button (see #1 above). Now the form data will open in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You can save the form to your computer if you want.
Set up a ReCaptcha to prevent the form from being used for spam. See step 5 in the "Visforms: Form Setup" page.