This procedure describes how to set up a simple form using mostly text fields using ChronoForms version 5. More detailed documentation on using ChronoForms 5 can be found here.
Getting Started: Select a form
- Log into the Joomla! administrator page for your web site
- Click on Components > ChronoForms5:
- Ignore the message "Your ChronoForms installation on webdevel.sas.rutgers.edu:443 is NOT validated." Chronoforms will still work.
- In the Forms Manager, click the name of the form you would like to enable email for:
- Click on the Designer tab (see #1 below).
- Take note of the Field Names of the form fields that are used to collect the submitter's name and email address. The Field Name is shown in the upper left corner of the field in a blue box (see #2 below). You may have separate fields collecting "First Name" and "Last Name" - if so, take note of both field names.
- Click on the Setup tab (see #3 below).
- Click the Email (0) option on the green action selector bar (see #1 below).
- Under Basic options, enter "email" for Action Label (see #2 below).
- Change the Enabled dropdown selection to "Yes" (see #3 below).
- For To enter a list of email address (separated by commas) that will receive the data entered into the form (see #4 below).
- For Subject enter a subject for the email that will be sent when the form is complete (see #5 below).
- Click the Advanced tab above the list of Basic options (see #6 below).
- Enter the field name containing the submitter's email address in the Dynamic To field (see #1 below). This will send a copy of the email to the person submitting to the form.
- Under the Advanced options, enter the field name or names containing the submitter's name in the Dynamic from name field (see #2 below). For example, if the form asks the submitter to enter their full name in a field called "name", enter "name" here. If the form asks the submitter to enter the first name and last name in separate fields called "firstname" and "lastname", enter "firstname lastname" here.
- Enter the field name containing the submitter's email address in the Dynamic from email field (see #3 below):
- Click the Thanks Message (4) option on the green action selector bar (see #1 below).
- Enter a message in the Message Content text box (see #2 below). This message will be displayed when someone submits the form.
Publishing your form
If you haven't already published your form, please do the following:
- Click the General button to the upper left of the form (see #1 below).
- Change the Enabled dropdown selection to "Yes" (see #2 below):
Saving your form
Click "Save and Close" to the upper right: