- Log on to your site using the Administrator Login.
- Go to Menus > Main Menu (or whichever menu you'd like to create the menu item in) and click Add New Menu Item:
- Enter a Menu Title (see #1 below). You may leave the box for Alias blank; one will automatically be generated.
- (Optional) If you want your new menu item to display as a dropdown selection, go to the Parent Item drop down menu and select the pre-existing menu item that you would like the new menu item to appear under (see #2 below). If you leave "Menu Item Root" selected for Parent Item, your new menu item will appear as a top-level item.
- Next to the box for Menu Item Type, click the Select button (see #3 below).
- A pop-up window will open. Choose the appropriate menu item type from the list. Click Articles, then click Category List(see #2 below):
- Once this option is chosen, there will be a field titled "Choose a category". Select the appropriate category from the drop down list:
- Click Save to the upper left:
Changing the Parameters of a Menu Item
- While still in the "Menus : Items" window, click on your new menu item.
- Click "List Layouts" - see number 1 to the right
- Change "Display Select" to "Hide" - see number 2 to the right
- Change "Show Hits in List" to "Hide" - see number 3 to the right
- Change "Author in List" to "Hide" - see number 4 to the right
- Change "# Articles to List" to "All"
- Click Save & Close - see number 5 to the right
A "Category List Layout" is appropriate for larger categories or categories with longer articles (such as faculty pages or course descriptions,) for displaying a smaller category or a category with shorter articles (such as "News" or "Announcements"); a "Category Blog" may work better.