This procedure describes how to add images to Media on Joomla! 3.x web sites.
1. Login to your web site using the Administrator Interface.
2. In the Joomla! Administrator Control Panel, click on Media to the upper left (found under CONTENT; see #1 below). If you are not at the Control Panel, you can select Media from the Content menu (see #2 below).
3. Click on the folder where you want to add the image. You can either select from the small folder icons on the left (see #1 below), or the larger folder icons to the right (see #2 below):
4. Once you have selected the folder where you want to upload the image, click the Upload button in the upper left corner:
5. Click the Browse button below the "Thumbnail View/Detail View" buttons:
5. Use the File Upload window to browse to your image file. When you find the image, click once on the image, then click Open:
6. Click the Start Upload button to the right of the Browse button to upload your image:
7. If the upload was successful, you will see Upload Complete above the gallery of images, and your image should now appear in the gallery: