This procedure explains how to set up the Apple iPhone to connect to the SAS Zimbra Calendar system.
Apple iPhone software 3.0 is required to connect to Zimbra. This is a free software update from Apple.
- On the iPhone, go into System Settings
- Select Mail > Contacts > Calendars.
- Select Add Account
- Click "Other"
- Click "Calendars > CalDAV calendar."
- For Server enter: zimbra.sas.rutgers.edu.
- Username: enter your complete email address.
- Password: enter the Zimbra (Novell) password.
- Press "Next"
- At the "cannot connect using SSL" message click Cancel
- Click Advanced and change port from 8443 to 443.
- Press "calDav"
- Press Next
- At the "Unable to Verify Certificate" warning, press "Accept"
- CalDav might warn that it was unable to verify the information. Click "Save."