SAS Novell users can access their Novell folders via Netstorage.
Option 1: Using "My Computer"
- Double-click on "My Computer"
- Under "Other Places" on the left, click on "My Network Places"
- Under "Network Tasks" on the left, click on "Add a new network place"
- Click "Next" at the "Welcome to the Add Network Place Wizard"
- Select "Choose another network location" and click "Next"
- For "Internet or network address:" enter http://netstorage.sas.rutgers.edu/NetStorage and click "Next"
- At the Security Alert click "Yes."
- At the Novell Security Services window, enter your Novell name and password. Your Novell username must be entered in this format: [username].Users.[Context].FAS. For example, user "JBloggs" in the Classics department would enter "jbloggs.users.classics.fas".
- At "Type a name for the network place" leave the default as "NetStorage on netstorage.sas.rutgers.edu" and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" at the "Completing the Add Network Place Wizard"
- If asked again to log on to Novell, repeat step 8 above.
- Your Novell drives show up as folders within the new Network Place.
Option 2: Using a Web Browser
- Launch a web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox).
- Enter the location: http://netstorage.sas.rutgers.edu/NetStorage
- Click "Yes" to continue past any certificate warnings. If using the Firefox browser, click "I Understand the Risks," then "Add Exception...", then "Get Certificate," then "Confirm Security Exception."
- At the "Authentication Required" window, enter your Novell name and password. Your Novell username must be entered in this format: [username].Users.[Context].FAS. For example, user "JBloggs" in the Classics department would enter "jbloggs.users.classics.fas".
- You may be asked to allow popups from .fas.rutgers.edu - click yes to allow popups in order to enable the functionality of NetStorage.
- Click on a folder under the "Folders" pane on the left to view its contents. The contents of the folder are shown in the large window to the right.
- For documentation on using the commands in the Netstorage window, visit:
If you have any problems following these directions, please submit a work order.