Using Categories in DocMan (Joomla! 2.5)
This procedure relates to web sites using the SAS Content Management System (CMS; Joomla! 2.5) with the DocMan document manager component for Joomla! installed.
This document explains how to create categories and move documents into them.
1. Creating a Document Category
- Log on to your site.
- Select "Components > DocMan > Categories"
- Click the "Add" icon in the upper right of the page:
- Type a name for the "Category Title:"
- Type a name for the "Category Name:"
- (Optional) Select a "Parent Item:" if you want the category to be located under an existing category.
- Save the new category by clicking the Save icon in the upper right corner:
2. Moving a Document to Your New Category
- Select "Components > DocMan > Documents"
- Look for the name of a document that you want to move.
- Click the check box to the left of your document's name.
- Click the "Move" icon in the upper right of the web page.
- In the "Move to Category" menu, select the name of the category you created.
- Click the Save icon.
Your document can now be found in the new category you created.