Visforms: Configuring a form to send email
This procedure describes how to configure a form to send submitted data via email using Visforms. More detailed documentation on using Visforms can be found here.
Getting Started: Select a form
- Log into the Joomla! administrator page for your web site
- Click on Components > Visforms (see #1 below):
- In the Forms Manager, click the name of the form you would like to enable email for.
Set up your options for result mail
- Click on the Mail Options tab (see #1 below).
- Make sure Yes is selected next to Email Result (see #1 below)
- Insert the name you want to show up when the result email is sent in the box next to Mail From Name (see #3 above). This could be a person's name or the name of the form.
- Insert the email address where you want to receive the results next to Mail To (see #4 above).
- Now type what you would like the email subject to show up as next to Mail Subject (see #5 above) for example: Tour Request Form.
- This is optional: If you would like to see some text before the results in the email, you can place that in the text area for Result Mail Text.
- The settings below this can be left as they are:
Set up result page (submission confirmation)
- Click the Result tab (see #1 below).
- Under Text Result, enter a message to be displayed on the website after the form is submitted (for example, "Thank you for your submission!") (see #2 below).
Set up your options for recipient mail
- Make sure Yes is selected next to Email Receipt (see #1 below).
- Enter the subject you want the recipient to see next to Email Receipt Subject (see #2 above) e.g.: "Thank You For Submitting."
- Enter the name you want the recipient to receive the email from next to Mail From Name (see #4 above). This could be the name of the form or organization.
- Input the text of the email in the text area next to Email Receipt Text (see #5 above). A simple thank you message or form recieved will work for this.
- Leave the following settings the same (see image below).
- Now click Save & Close at the top:
If needed, you can configure your form to save information to a database. It's also a good idea to set up a ReCaptcha to prevent the form from being used for spam.