How to Add an Image to a Menu Item
There is an optional feature to add a small image to your menu items. You can first create menu items following these instructions.
NOTE: Only part of the image may be displayed, corresponding to a size slightly larger than the dimensions of the menu item itself. Keep this in mind when selecting or adding an image to be displayed along with the menu item.
1. Log on to your site using the Administrator Login.
2. At the Joomla! Control Panel, click "Menu " (found under "Structure" to the left):
3. Click the name of the menu (found in the Title column) containing the menu item where the image will be added.
4. Click the menu item where the image will be added.
5. Click the Link Type tab (see #1 below), then click Select to the right of Link Image (see #2 below):
6. A popup window will appear, displaying folders and images that have been uploaded to Media . Browse to the image you want to add, then click the Insert button in the upper right of the popup window (see #1 below). If the image has not yet been uploaded to Media from your computer, follow these steps to upload it:
a) Browse to the folder in the popup window where the new image should be added (unless the image should be added to the top-level Media directory).
b) Click the "Browse" button at the bottom of the popup window (see #2 below), then browse to the image on your computer or network drive.
c) Click the Start Upload button at the bottom of the popup window to add it to Media (see #3 below).
7. Click Save & Close to the upper left, and your image will appear when the menu item is accessed: