Working with Tables - responsive
EXAMPLE OF A TABLE
Build a Table
Goal, create a 4 column 4 row table for advising
Resize Initial Table
Add a new column to the table
Change width of ONE column (cell)
Add Borders to the Table
Place cursor in any cell, click on the Table Icon
Add content to table
Set Cells to Header
Things to think about when entering data:
- Do NOT hit your <ENTER> key while entering data (that could give you additional lines in each cell.
- If you hit your <TAB> key, that will take you into the new cells
- If you are on the last cell of the table and you hit your <TAB> key, it will add an additional row to the table.
Delete a Row
Make a table Responsive
Possible Issues with Tables in Responsive Mode:
- When making the table RESPONSIVE make sure that in the TABLE PROPERTIES there are no SIZE SETTINGS. That can ‘break’ the table, as Responsive means it will dynamically resize.
- Also verify that in the CELL PROPERTIES there is NO WIDTH SETTINGS
Make Striped Responsive Table
Remove extra <p> tags
If accidentally you hit the <ENTER> Key, you may notice that the table rows end up being different heights. To see this, you can see the <p> tags inside of the table these should be removed.