About Rutgers Connect
This page will hold School of Arts and Sciences specific information on the move to Office 365 which will be known as Rutgers Connect. This page is a supplement to, not a replacement for, the main Office of Information Technology Rutgers Connect page. Please refer to that page for additional information.
Watch this section for information about migration timing and status. We will keep updated information about the department(s) that are currently being migrated and the expected date for the next migration. At present, OIT is moving and several central areas will be next. No SAS department will move until the migration process has been tested several thousand times. We expect that SAS areas will begin migrating in late May or early June. This is only an estimate. As more accounts are moved into the new system we'll be able to be more accurate about when the SAS migrations will occur.
The migration process will take place in six stages.
- Data collection (current phase) - Collect account information and details from users.
- Account Cleanup, Shared/Task account review and ScarletMail migration - Review account listing for necessity and permissions with departments.
- Pre-Migration - Final review with OIT before migration begins
- Migration Phase 1 - Initial copy of e-mail
- Migration Phase 2 - Final copy of e-mail
- Post Migration - Problem resolution and shutdown of old mail servers.
Department Specific Information
Information that's specific to individual mail servers within the SAS will be included here:
Frequently Asked Questions
- You should first review the FAQ available on the OIT Rutgers Connect Site
- SAS Rutgers Connect Frequently Asked Questions